1. Tomatoes– Tomatoes contain the antioxidant lycopene, which can help protect you from the sun’s harmful rays, but should not be used as a substitute for sunscreen. Some people suggest that tomatoes may also reduce the risk of breast cancer.
2. Strawberries– Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C, which can help prevent wrinkles and hydrate your skin. Eating foods rich with Vitamin C can lead to smoother, healthier skin.
3. Pomegranates– Pomegranates contain polyphenol antioxidants, which can contribute to your skin feeling smoother and firmer. They are a key ingredient in many skin care products because they help prevent aging and sun damage. They help protect the outer layer of the skin, contributing to faster healing of skin-related injuries.
4. Sunflower Seeds– They are packed with dietary fiber and protein, as well as Vitamin E, which help to protect your skin from the sun. Sunflower seed oil moisturizes and hydrates your skin when applied.
5. Kidney Beans-Some studies connote a direct correlation between deficient levels of zinc and acne. Kidney beans are filled with zinc, and when ingested daily can prevent acne.
6. Oatmeal– Oatmeal is another food that can help prevent acne when applied to your skin. This natural remedy works by expelling bacteria from your skin, preventing acne. If you have other skin problems that are irritating or itchy, try an oatmeal scrub or oatmeal bath.
7. Green Tea-Green tea has been used to keep your complexion looking smooth, bright, and healthy by promoting circulation of blood and oxygen to your skin. Ingesting it daily can improve your skin’s malleability over time, as well as enhancing sun protection.
8. Kale– Superfood and nutrient-packed kale has an endless amount of health benefits, including providing all the Vitamin K you need in a day in just one 33 calorie serving. Kale has high contents of Vitamin C, which help to strengthen your skin and prevent tears. One cup provides the total daily intake of Vitamin C suggested for a woman. Kale also provides benefits for your hair and overall health.
9. Walnuts– Walnuts have high levels of omega 3 fatty acids, which can help to prevent callous skin. Including walnuts in your diet can also help with weight loss and maintenance.
10. Rosemary– Ingesting herbs like rosemary routinely can help prevent melanoma. Rosemary oil can be used to treat acne, oily skin, prevent skin infections, wrinkles, and strengthen your skin when applied regularly.